Thursday, June 25, 2009

oh...and just to be clear...

This statement:

"RHENI TAUCHID is the head of product development at Tri-Art, a manufacturer of acrylic artist paints and mediums. An accomplished artist, she conducts workshops and lectures on acrylics throughout the United States and Canada."

is actually not true. I'm not exactly sure how my bio became this short and or this inaccurate. But as you all know, once something is out there on the internet, it's pretty much out there for good.

For accuracy's sake, I would like to set the record straight and tell you that I am not, in fact, head of product development at Tri-Art. That is actually Steve Ginsberg's job, as head dude of pretty much everything that goes on there. I help out. I lend my voice, perform tests, give suggestions, and have my finger in a few of the pies there....but just my finger, not my whole hand, and it's not my pie either.

The rest of the brief bio is more or less fine. Although rather than use the word "accomplished", I think "sporadic" is more factual, given that I've been spending the last several years writing and promoting books and not spending nearly as much time painting as I ought to be. That will be changing...my studio is nearly completely set up at home and I look forward to continuing my acrylic adventure therein.

No comments:

Post a Comment